In this case study, I will describe my journey of re-designing Risk Assessment for a desktop app.
The current Risk Assessment feature doesn’t provide the right purpose and experience for our customers.
I’ve numerous meetings with the Head of Care and Quality Care Director to learn how the Risk Assessments works and what is the process.
To have a better understanding of the Risk Assessments in the care sector I’ve visited our existing client in London. Here are the things that helped me to understand better:
Create effective risk assessments process for our clients that helps to keep service users and staff safe. From a business perspective, our goal is to increase feature engagement giving customers the best experience they deserved.
If we can make it easier for our customers, then our product will grow faster.
I’ve to re-think the Risk Management process and come up with, validate, and test a series of the hypothesis. I needed to understand our clients thought processes. Only then I would start making wireframes.
Completion of the Risk Assessment process.
I have added wizard form to separate actions into following small steps:
User testing was the only way to know how our customers are interacting with the new feature. The first opportunity we had in Dimensia Homecare Exhibition in NEC Birmingham.
We had eight participants. All from eight, they have completed the task.
After first user testing and a couple of meetings with colleagues, I’ve come up with some improvements. I have added the following steps:
Small steps are easy to follow.
Creating digital Risk Assessments was a fascinating journey for me. I've worked with very talented people and learned how important it is to work together on the team.
To measure the success of this project, we still analysing analytics data. Will be an update soon.